Monday, September 16, 2013

Talent Pool

While searching Ravelry the other night, I was once again blown away by the plethora of material out there!  I was just looking for a sweater pattern for myself.  Something simple, but not too simple.  Knit in a fingering weight yarn, at a loose gauge (size 7 or 8 needles).  I would like to use my new base yarn, Altair for the sweater.  I am kinda obsessed with it at the moment as it takes color so beautifully.  And, is super soft and silky.  I am sure it will feel amazing on!  

Photo by Hannah Fettig

I have such admiration for pattern designers.  A few talented designers in particular consistently blow me away with their elegant designs and beautiful photographs.  Hannah Fettig is just so cute and creates very wearable, timeless patterns.  Jane Richmond has such a fun, fresh style.  I love all of her designs.  Amy Miller is a new one for me.  But, she's sweet as can be and has been super prolific lately - putting out a new pattern every other week, it seems.  She's currently creating something using Luna Grey Orion in "Harbor".  I can't wait to see what she knits up!

Photo by Amy Miller

The pattern I ultimately decided on for my sweater was Cecily Glowak MacDonald's Breakwater.  I love the wide, ballet neckline and little button detail.  It looks like a sweater I would wear all the time and I figured it would showcase the subtle color differences of the Altair Harbor yarn perfectly.


Do you have a favorite pattern designer?  How about an all-time favorite pattern?

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment