Friday, December 7, 2012

On the Needles - Chloe (Part 2)


Reya's little Chloe sweater is moving right along.  This is good, as her birthday is just a little over a week away.  I just have the ruffle at the bottom, a bit of sleeve knitting and a few buttons to sew on.  I tried it on my son, despite his outspoken protests, and it is so stinkin' cute!  

While it's not a difficult pattern, the stripes mean that I had to tote around three balls of yarn everywhere the project went.  I am a very mobile knitter.  My knitting must be able to travel between karate practice, doctor visits, playdates, and Knit Night at my local yarn shop.  Each and every time I went to take it from my knitting bag, the three skeins managed to somehow wind themselves into a big rat's nest.  I mean, how is that even possible?  I think the next striped project I knit will be a "home" only knitting project.

I can't wait to see her reaction when she unwraps her gift on her birthday.  I am hoping that it will be extra meaningful as she had a hand in designing the sweater.  So fun!!!

1 comment: