Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Miss Molly's Duke Thorpe


My son's beloved second grade teacher, Molly, is a Duke alum and a huge fan of their Blue Devil's basketball team.  Their team colors are blue and white.  So, of course we had to dye up some Duke Blue yarn for her Christmas gift.  And, knit it into a rugged hat to keep her head warm on all of her adventures.  Molly is an avid hiker. She and her husband have hiked nearly all of Colorado's 53 Fourteeners (mountains with elevations at or above 14,000 feet).  So, I am confident that this hat will get lots of use.  

Molly is very sentimental.  So, I expect a few tears when she opens her gift.  I'm more than a little excited to see her reaction!  

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm very familiar with duke as I went to a small private college nearby. Love the color- its perfect! And it's a great hat, too! I'm sure she will adore it...what a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete