Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Willoughby Wallaby Woo


"Willoughby wallaby woo.  An elephant sat on you.  Willoughby wallaby wee.  An elephant sat on me!"  (lyrics from one of our favorite Raffi songs.)

Every time I hear the word, wallaby, that song pops into my head.  Maybe that's why Carol A. Anderson's timeless Wallaby hoodie appeals to me.  I picked up the pattern at a cute little yarn shop in Salt Lake City last summer.  The boys love the casual, cozy look of the sweater and have been asking me to make them each one.

I finally cast on for Hudson's last night.  He chose an earthy, moss green for the project (dyed onto my worsted, superwash merino, Supernova base yarn).  I think I will add a few stripes on the chest like this one I found on Ravelry.  Maybe charcoal gray and aqua?  Definitely something modern and fun.  I must say, I love this yarn.  It's super soft and knits up so nicely.

Oh, and if you haven't done so already...Head over to Mackenzie's blog to enter to win a skein of Orion yarn.  You can enter up to five times!


2 comments:

  1. I made my youngest one several years ago. I loved it. And of course, we enjoy that song. Such a deep green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern! My older boys would really like that hoodie, another project on the list :)

    ReplyDelete